Celine Marie Claudette Dion is a famous Hollywood vocalist. She is a Canadian performer, but she also performs songs in French. Celine is praised for her powerful vocals and her command and technicality with her voice. Her vocal skills are remarkable. She has mastered the art of strong-voiced singing and is known internationally for that. Celine is the best-selling recording artist in Canada and the best-selling artist in French Canada of all time.
Most of Celine’s songs are in English and French. But apart from this, Celine has performed songs in German, Latin, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and Chinese too.
The Early Life of Celine Dion
Celine was born on March 30th, 1968, in Charlemagne, Montreal. Her parents are Adhemar Dion and Therese Dion. Celine Dion height is approximately 5’7″ inches. Celine belongs to a poor family, but she felt ashamed about it. In fact, she stated that her family had sufficient money to live peacefully. Celine grew up in a Roman Catholic environment in Charlemagne.
Celine Dion’s Educational Qualifications
Celine never liked talking about her school days, and most of the information about her education is unknown. Celine stated in one of the interviews that she never liked school and the reason was clear; she was a victim of bullying.
Celine Dion’s Journey To Becoming A Singer
- Celine was destined to be a singer. Her name was taken from a song by a famous French singer of that time. As a child, Celine dreamed of being a singer. When she was five, Celine performed her singing for the first time publicly, at her older brother’s wedding.
- Celine gave many singing performances as a child, winning the hearts of her audience with her melodious voice. Her first song was written by herself, her mother, and her brother, Jacques. She released her first song at the age of 12. Jacques sent the recording of the song to Rene Angelil. After hearing the recording, Angelil was mesmerized by Celine’s singing. He knew that Celine had the quality to become a star, and so he decided to help Celine pave her way to stardom. He funded her first recording and released it on the market. The song became popular within a short span of time, and Celine became a rising star overnight.
- Celine was in the big leagues. Her global conquest started after her achievement. In 1988, Celina won the prestigious Eurovision song contest in front of 600 million television viewers in Dublin, Ireland. Unison, her first album in English, was a commercial success in the United States in 1990.
- Celine Dion is globally praised for her powerful voice and regarded as one of the world’s best-selling music artists, having sold an estimated 200 million to 250 million records worldwide.
Celine’s Popularity and Achievements
Celine has been awarded many prestigious titles and achievements. The highest and most recognised awards among the others include 5 Grammy Awards, 12 World Music Awards, 7 Billboard Music Awards, 6 American Music Awards, 20 Juno Awards, 50 Felix Awards, and many more. She is the Juno Awards’ third most awarded artist and the most nominated artist in history.
Celine Dion’s Personal Life and Relationship
- Celine met her future husband, Rene Angelil, when she was 12 years old. At that time, René was 38 years old. Their relationship was totally professional in the beginning. Rene was sent a recording of Celine’s first song by her brother and, hearing the voice, fell in love with her voice. René became Celine’s manager and her biggest supporter in achieving her dreams.
- After René’s second unsuccessful marriage, he decided to take an official break from this career. Celine was really disappointed after hearing this news and started feeling lonely without him as the days passed. When Rene came back from his break, Celine noticed his change of behaviour towards herself and then when they both realised that they were in love with each other. Their relationship eventually grew more than just professional, and the couple decided to take the next step.
- Celine and René got married on December 17, 1994. At that time, Celine was 26 years old. Celine gave birth to her first child, Charles, in 2001 and suffered a miscarriage in 2009. Finally, in 2010, Celine gave birth to fraternal twins, Eddy and Nelson.
- The family was living peacefully and happily until an unfortunate event happened. Rene got throat cancer and soon died from it in 2014. She was followed by the death of her brother, Daniel, the same year because of cancer.
- Celine’s older son, Charles, also follows the same passion as his mother. He is a musician and a singer, going by the stage name Big Tip.
Celine Dion’s Net Earnings
After the death of her husband, Celine became the sole owner of their company and her albums are the best-sellers all over Canada and France. Her net worth is $800 million. Most of her earnings are achieved by her hot-live concerts and brand endorsements.
Celine Dion’s Social Profile
Celine Management and Company handles her social media accounts for professional use only. Being a singer, Celine is active on most of the social media platforms like Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and even Spotify. Most of the promotions and announcements about her projects are mostly done using these platforms. This is also a medium through which Celine is connected to fans and well-wishers.
Celine’s Health Status
After the death of her dearest lover, Celine has not been doing so well. In 2018, her company management revealed that Celine was suffering from slight hearing irregularities. Apart from this, rumours say that Celine has been suffering from eating disorders for decades now, which explains her slim figure and fragile body. Celine, on the other hand, has recently stated emphatically that these rumors are false.
Celine’s Recent New Update
Celina recently postponed her European shows until 2022. The singer revealed that the reason may be muscle spasms that she has been struggling with for the past few months.